Friday 29 June 2012

A catch up on my week....



Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I have been so busy with homework! I'll catch you up on my week. On the weekend my lovely friend Miss P.H came up for 2 nights. We made choc chip cookies and pancakes (my dads version). We had such a good time . We went to my creek and watched movies. Here are the recipies:


Pancakes:


Ingredients:


1 cup of plain flour
1 egg
1 cup of milk


Method:


Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix 'till everything is combined into a liquid-mix. Get a frying pan and heat up with some butter. Spoon some of the mix into the pan. Cook for 3 ish minutes each side. Serve with your choice of topping.


Enjoy!!!


Choc Chip Cookies:


Ingredients:


125g butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1-2 drops of vanilla essence
1 3/4 s.r flour
250g choc chips 


Method:


Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C. Line 1-2 trays with baking paper. Beat with an electric mixer the butter and sugar 'till pale. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in sifted flour until mixed in through. Fold in choc chips. Roll dough into teaspoon size balls and place on tray. Bake for 10-15 min. If you like them chewy don't let them go brown because they will crisp up when they cool down.


Monday: After school I did homework. We are making a book of me. A book of me has pages that are about you. For instance bucket list, family tree and so on. I found it a really interesting assignment.


Tuesday: After school I was planning to make pinwheels for the end of term luncheon but the oven didn't work. So mum and I were looking on the internet for other recipes that were savory that we could shallow fry. We ended finding curry puffs. I made the curry mixture that night. In the morning we were going to cook them up. Then, of course, super dad was home from work and he could turn on the oven. (We did end up baking them). I didn't get to eat any but they looked delicious! Here is the recipe:


Curry Puffs:


Ingredients:


1 pinch of crushed cardamon seeds
3 pinches of salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp-1 tsp chili powder (depends on if you like spicy-ness)
2 curry leaves (chopped)
a generous drizzle of olive oil
1 1/2+ water
2 onions
3 small potatoes
1 large sweet potato
4 sheets of puff pastry
1 egg
1/4 cup milk


Method:


Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
Chop the onion, potatoes and sweet potatoes up so they are as small or smaller as your thumb nail. Put them in a saucepan. Add to the saucepan the cardamon, salt, sugar, chili powder, curry leaves, oil and water. Stir 'till boiling then turn the heat down and put on a lid. Evaporate the water 'till there is none left and the mix is mushy. Then turn off the heat. Let it cool and put it in a bowl. Put the bowl in the fridge over night.


Take the mix out of the fridge. There would be a bit of liquid in the bowl. Get the puff pastry and cut it into quarters and the each quarter cut into half again. Get the egg and milk and whisk 'till combined. Get 1/2 a tbs of the curry and put it in the middle of a triangle. Brush the edge of the pastry with the egg mix, fold over and join the sides by pressing down with a fork. Put the ready pastry's on the tray. Stab them with the fork and brush the top with a bit of the egg mix. Once you have done that with everyone of them, put it in the oven and cook for 15min or until golden.


Enjoy!!


Wednesday: Homework on Book of me.


Thursday: After school I had dancing. It was really fun but tiring. Then homework.


Friday: Last day of school. I was so excited! After school I said by to my friends and went home and relaxed. B1 was out at a laser-tag thing 'till 12, dad was at work, we put B2 to bed early-ish and then mum and I had special time. After dinner we watched Pay It Forward (2000) and ate mums speical coffee ice-cream. Yumm! It is a really good movie and I suggest it. (The ice cream is also really good and I suggest that as well). From Google Images:






Saturday is today. We are not going to be doing much. Once we are all ready and B1 is awake from a fun night we will be going to the library. Yay!!!! I am excited of what we have got planned for the holidays and all the good times we will have.

Grace <3


No comments:

Post a Comment